DIVERSITY, EQUITY & INCLUSION
AT HOWLETT BROWN WE RECOGNISE THAT DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION (D&I) IS A NECESSITY, NOT JUST A BUZZ WORD. IT IS A PRACTICE THAT IS VITAL TO THE SUCCESS AND SUSTAINABILITY OF YOUR BUSINESS.
As a society, our workforce patterns and values are changing. People are increasingly driven by their values in the way they make decisions and assess inequalities in the workforce. The meaning of ‘diversity’ is no longer limited to the traditional focus on definitions of protected characteristics, with ‘inclusion’ and ‘belonging’ being complex but increasingly important factors which organisations need to understand and respond to.
Workplace practices define an organisation’s brand and reputation in the market, which are visible to prospective employees, clients and peer businesses. They underpin an employee’s sense of belonging, engagement and well-being, and an organisation’s ability to remain competitive and plan for business continuity and succession.
HOW HOWLETT BROWN HELP YOUR BUSINESS IMPROVE ENGAGEMENT AND REDUCE PEOPLE RISK
D&I INTERSECT AND SPOTLIGHT
We have in-depth knowledge and experience of supporting employers on matters relating to diversity and inclusion. From D&I initiatives to establishing and cultivating employee networks and business resource groups, we support employers in all aspects of their business where it concerns D&I. This includes supporting employers to attract, retain and promote a diverse workforce.
Our experience in employment law, culture and investigations provides a unique set of skills which complements the D&I services we provide, ensuring that our support is embedded into the employer’s workplace framework, further reducing people risk and improving employee engagement and retention.
ASSESSMENTS AND IMPLEMENTATION OF PROCESSES
- Reviewing employee and management experiences in organisations to identify systematic bias and inequalities
- Advising on systems and controls to align your organisation with the expectations of regulators and compliance rules
- Identifying and implementing recruitment best practices and strategies
- Developing best practice tools and strategies to improve employee engagement and retention
- Management and employee training on diverse and inclusive working practices
- Policy review, creation and implementation accompanied by purposeful communications
- Embedding D&I in performance management and leadership accountability practices
- Whistleblowing, speaking up, antiharassment and anti-discrimination initiatives, policies and training
- Employment law and employee relations training, guidance and know-how to leadership and D&I professionals
- Pay reporting analytics, support and strategies to reduce unintended pay disparities
- Guidance, support and analytics in obtaining and assessing workforce diversity data.
At Howlett Brown we believe that inclusion in a diverse workforce is achieved through employer intervention, employee contribution and self-development.
We are experienced in leadership and career coaching, helping individuals gain fulfilment in their career and overall career progression. We believe that focussed programmes assist with employee belonging, engagement and retention.
We support the creation and development of employee networks, helping and assisting employers and network leaders to grow their networks into important resources for the business, aligning with and supporting its wider strategic priorities.
Our team has extensive experience, from setting up networks and being a part of global network management committees, to advising employers on the day-today management and development of their employee networks; improving the effectiveness and value that employee networks bring to the employer and its members.
We get it
We can support organisations in all aspects of their business in relation to D&I. Our experience across multiple industries in investigations, culture, regulation, employment and privacy law, provides a unique set of skills which complement the D&I services we provide.
We understand that change takes time, and it must complement the brand, goodwill and strategic focus of the organisation.
We also understand that to remain competitive in a dynamic market, organisations must also be able to build a brand that reflects and resonates with their internal culture. The cultural reputation of an organisation is a key factor that people want to understand when choosing where to work or who to do business with.
We are here to help organisations shape their D&I strategy in a way that is aligned to their core values.
For more information:
or phone +44 (0) 208 012 8525