NO MATTER THE INDUSTRY, ORGANISATIONS ARE INCREASINGLY EXPECTED TO INITIATE PROMPT AND OBJECTIVE INVESTIGATIONS INTO CONDUCT, CULTURAL AND PEOPLE ISSUES.
There are now higher stakes for all organisations as they navigate the complex world of regulatory compliance, legal, reputation and people risk, and how these risks intersect with diversity, equality and inclusion.
At Howlett Brown, we help our clients to navigate complex and competing issues in complaint handling and investigations, including matters concerning culture, diversity, equality, inclusion, safety, and conduct. Helping them to manage legal, regulatory, people and reputational risk.
We have comprehensive experience of investigations across multiple industries and jurisdictions, working in the private sector and law enforcement. We advise, manage, conduct and support organisations with investigations. This includes undertaking independent investigations to provide organisations with a greater level of credibility and mitigating any presumption of bias or a pre-determined outcome.
Our experience includes:
- Employee investigations including those arising through whistleblowing and allegations of:
- Harassment, assault and #MeToo
- Discrimination and microaggressions
- Alleged criminal misconduct including fraud, financial crime and theft
- Managing the strategic interplay between satisfying regulators and authorities, whilst also facing employee and thirdparty litigation.
- Supply chains and third-party providers, including investigations into allegations of modern slavery.
- Systems and controls issues, including data breaches, bribery, other regulatory breaches and forms of employee misconduct, including furlough fraud.
We understand that conduct, cultural and internal investigations are often time consuming and can quickly become complex and multi-faceted. Without an integrated approach and the right expertise, issues can lead to irreparable breakdowns in client, shareholder and employment relationships, large-sum settlements and drawn out legal and regulatory battles.
We have an extensive and practical understanding of the legal and regulatory framework and how they intersect with diversity, equality and inclusion within which investigations may need to operate.
Our focus is to remediate issues sensitively, efficiently and in a measured manner, taking into account the organisation’s internal processes and practices, and their market position and perception. We conduct, manage and advise on a wide range of investigations and provide bespoke investigative support to organisations, including preparing reports that may need to be issued to regulators.
Our expertise and agility means that we can provide a complete outsourced solution or seamlessly support an organisation’s own in-house team, from early case assessments to interviewing or general investigations guidance.